I was browsing Facebook at 2am one annoyingly restless night when I stumbled upon something describing itself as a 'Sensory Seduction' Study. It said little more than I am telling you now,and despite my efforts to research further, found nothing save that it came attached with a free "SexTech" party for participants. The party itself was advertised as 'Sex friendly'. Cyber/Latex dress wear mandatory, casual clothing turned away.
Now I may have next to zero interest in sex for the act itself (so much skin. gah!) but I have always been fascinated by its multiple cultures. I have always wanted to visit a sort of 'Eyes Wide Shut' kind of setting, and the fact that this one was set in a cyborg future only served to make it more interesting for me.
Unfortunately, before I get anyone's hopes up here, the party was that very night and I did not have a THING to wear (unless Latex marigolds ticked the fetish-wear check-list, which I strongly doubted they would) so that one I had to forgo. However, to sign up for the study itself was a mere £10, which was a price well worth paying just to find out what the bloody hell it was!
The Study was split into 30 minute slots over the next few days, and I booked myself in for one of the last ones, on Sunday Lunchtime.
Once I had confirmed and paid for my slot the address was sent to my email. Rather usefully it included a photo of the warehouse entrance itself and was consequently super easy to find, without the usual 'hanging around the entrance wondering if they will think you are some weirdo if you introduce yourself and it is the wrong place.'
It was the right place. It was still an empty warehouse on the backstreets of forgotten Hackney, and as I waited in the huge empty reception that doubled as some kind of store room, I did suspect that I might get murdered a little bit.*
*I think this is actually a pretty common feeling for anyone spending any quantifiable time in Hackney.
I was collected by the assistant and taken through the maze of corridors upstairs to where the head of the operation was waiting to greet me. I think I had been expecting there to be a group of us. It was just me. She explained that this would be a multi-sensory seductive experience and that self-touching was encouraged and feedback was welcome at the end of the experience. She then took me into the room where she helped me into a power-backpack, a collar and straps in two places across both my arms. The collar and the straps emitted tingly jolts when the experience commenced. I had hand-sets in both my hands, but to my limited understanding I only had occasion to use them once, and that was to select whether I was male or female. I'm pretty sure I selected Male. Twice. (They used those circly/pointy symbols... you know the ones... I've never remembered which one was which) Nonetheless, the operative appeared to be the one calling the shots at the terminal which transpired to be around 3ft away from me (I am SO glad I opted not to touch myself) and I nonetheless progress into my first scene of pink hazy clouds, while the colour and arm bands sent out sporadic tingling jolts, a rose based scent wafted delicately through the headset and a female voice gently whispered that this was a safe place to let myself go.
I didn't go.
A few minutes into the scene of clouds and the far wall started to open up into the shape of a vulva, which gradually enveloped me to take me into a Galaxy scene. That was nice. I've always liked stars. They aren't sexy though. The voice keeps whispering calming and quasi-arousing phrases in my headset but the waft of rose dissipates quickly. After a few minutes the stars and galaxies shift into a new scene, this time more 'blatant'. A myriad of 3D models in various states of copulation, in groups of 2, 3 or 4 and one of them is even in states of throe with a tentacle monster. One of the couples is wearing a dog-shaped mask. Some of the 'partners' are males and some are women wearing strap-on's. There's definitely a bit of everything in there.
When the headset advises me that the experience is over I remove the headset and the lady by the terminal comes on over to help me out of the other regalia. This transpires to be a project being funded and carried out by a group of friends as they haven't been able to get funding as yet. I think it's an interesting concept. Perhaps more for couples in a tantric mood than some Facebook lurker just looking for new stuff to try but there's definitely a gap in the market for it. I look forward to seeing the end product out there some day.
Sunday, 22 September 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Moving to Mars exhibition - 29.10.2019
Today I am visiting the 'Moving to Mars' exhibition at the Design Museum. For all my exhibition gallivanting, this is my first time ...
-
Today is a bit of a half-and-half affair. Last night I discovered a Botanical Art workshop on meetup.com which starts at 2pm. This gives me ...
-
Today's excursion has a side-plot. I did not even know of this Roman ruin within a 4 minute walk of the station I most frequently use in...
-
Once you take Clowns, Heights and Zombies out of the equation you would struggle to find anything I would find less appealing that being swa...
No comments:
Post a Comment